Saturday, December 14, 2013

Bittersweet.

This weekend several friends gifted us with something that was essential to our sanity at such a time as this...A night away, just Husband & I, at a local Inn. Time for just us. Dinner & shopping for stockings & stocking stuffers for the kiddos. Sleeping late. Lazy breakfast & lots of window shopping & coffee :)...3 of our church youth girls came to stay with the children, Thank you girls!, the children are still talking about how much fun they had!
This was the first time Andy & I had left the children with sitters overnight, but I think it was good for all of us! everyone stayed safe & sound & we are all home together again tonight(life can go on without mamma).
While we were gone we got a text from one of the girls asking if our house is always this cold?
after checking everything that could be wrong, it was time to call in the experts. One of the main electrical panels were shot & needed to be replaced...this past week we needed to replace a refrigerator & the week prior, our juicer gave out that Andy uses to juice his veggies. At some point I just want to throw my hands in the air & say, what next Lord?
And in that same moment He quietly reminded me...For I know the plans I have for you. Plans to prosper you & not to harm you. Plans to give you HOPE & a future. Jeremiah 29:11
So I lifted my hands & gave it all to Him. Here Lord, you take it, I'm not going to stress about it, You've got this!
With that out of the way, it was time to plan a fun evening with the children...snowman making, popcorn eating, hot cocoa drinking, while movie watching :)...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
little man can hardly wait...
 
 
 
 
 
 
even the smallest of the littles got to have his cocoa...
 
 
 
 
when we give the stresses & the worries to God & let Him deal with them...everything else falls into place & turns out ok after all...He has taken care of us in so many ways & will continue to provide our every need.
 
Happy weekend Y'all...
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment