Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pizza Hut breadsticks-The healthy version

 
This Sunday morning finds me home with a sick baby. The big kids wanted to stay with mom too & they are playing with sick little man so I have a few moments to catch up on my recipe series. I didn't post a recipe this past week-lots of Christmas festivities going on & I simply didn't have time.
With New Years Eve coming up this week & lots of parties happening, I thought I'd share My version of "Pizza Hut" bread sticks.
 
 
"Pizza Hut" Bread sticks
 
2 cup warm water
2 T. yeast
4 T. olive oil
4 T. raw local honey
1 T. Himalayan sea salt
2 cup organic sprouted spelt flour
2-2 1/2 cup organic sprouted prairie gold wheat
 
Topping:
1/2 cup organic butter, melted
3 T. olive oil
1 t. garlic salt
1 T. parsley flakes
2-3 T. Italian seasoning
approx. 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
 
Dissolve yeast in 2 cups water. Add olive oil, honey & sea salt. Add 2 cup sprouted spelt & enough of the sprouted prairie gold that it doesn't stick to the side of the mixing bowl. Knead well, let rise for 20min. on a jelly roll cookie sheet. After 20min. roll dough out onto the cookie sheet & cut the dough into desired length/width.
 
 
Brush dough generously with butter mixture then top with Parmesan cheese & Let rise for 20min. more.
 
 
 
Bake at 350' for 18-22 minutes.
 
 
 
Serve fresh out of the oven with your favorite dipping sauce.
 
Enjoy!
Wishing you a Blessed Sunday!
 





No comments:

Post a Comment