Monday, July 2, 2012

18weeks,baby flutters...& peppers

   This is where I begin my pregnancy ramblings,sometimes you just have to put it all down in writing,so I'm giving you a chance to stop reading this point...don't say I didn't warn you:)
 This morning as I sit here,I am in awe of the miracle that God has placed in our lives. At this point I am the only one who can really enjoy & appreciate the gift in it's fullness. Tiny little baby flutters...mornings are when I notice them the most,I'm up before the children & have a few moments of quiet time just for me & usually the only time of the day when all is quiet & I notice them the most.
    Yesterday marked 18weeks in my pregnancy,& according to statistics our baby is the size of a large green bell pepper:)
    My emotions have been all over the place with this pregnancy...& as much as I love starting to feel the baby growing & moving inside of me,I'm also ready to feel "normal" again.
    For most people morning sickness ends at 3months,that is when mine starts,& is a constant companion till the moment I give birth.It doesn't just bother me in the mornings,it can hit me like a tidal wave at any moment throughout the day & very unexpectedly most times,usually related to some kind of smell:(
    cravings...SPICY.hot.hot.hot....nothing is spicy enough or has too much flavor this time around.There have been many meals that I've cooked for my family already that I've been able to eat a few bites & then I simply can't eat any more.
    July 11th is a big day around here for us!,it's the day we find out if we will have a baby girl or boy joining our family!!! can't begin to say how excited I am to find out! there are 5 votes for a girl & 1 vote for a boy in our family of 6...I would love to be able to tell Aalyvia that she will have a little sister,I feel every little girl should have a sister.I would be lost without my sisters!...so if we get there & we are told that we will be adding another boy to our family,there will be a short period of mourning the little sister that may never be for Aalyvia...but just like the little guy that came before this baby,we will not be able to imagine our lives without him,River is such a joy in our lives & there isn't a day that goes by that I don't smother him in hugs & kisses & am so grateful that God knew what he was doing when He gave us that little guy.
    Now there are some of you that will say that it's selfish to have a preference,& that as long as they are healthy then thats all that matters...a healthy baby is truly a blessing & i would never take that for granted,but I think deep down inside,everyone has a preference...so until July 11th we wait in anticipation!...until we find out...will keep you posted;)

No comments:

Post a Comment