Monday, May 7, 2012

Sunny Yellow Sun Dress

I made this sun-dress for Aalyvia for Easter & just haven't had the chance to take any photos till now.
The picture quality is not great,it's time to upgrade the camera. ahem...birthday maybe??
The pattern is Simplicity that I purchased @ Walmart for 1.99!,pattern #E4927 size 3-8.
I cut out a size 5 but used the size 6 for the length.
becoming VERY annoyed by the little brother that keeps trying to steal the spotlight.
little brother stage left...big sis,not thrilled!!
The pattern did not include the bow,I tend to choose very plain patterns & then add my own embellishments.
I started with style A of the pattern but Aalyvia hated the sleeves so I simply cut them off(I hate seam rippers) we don't get along well.Then I added a very narrow bias.
Aalyvia's  dolly needed a matching dress too,of course & I did  have a little extra fabric so I simply laid an existing doll dress over the fabric & cut around it & voila'!
next time I use the  pattern I would likely line the dress,especially if the fabric is as transparent as this one.
I got the fabric off the sale rack @ JoAnn Fabrics for 1.50 a yrd.& it took a little over 1yrd.

Happy Sewing!


No comments:

Post a Comment