Thursday, September 8, 2016

Fall Musings...





Although the temperatures have been saying otherwise...fall is just around the corner.
When my kitchen starts smelling of bean & bacon, taco & chili soup...big pots of pasta sauce simmering on the stove...I know we're getting close.


This young lady has been completely in her element, chopping peppers for soups & sauces, cutting up apples to cook for sauce & so much more. She is happiest, puttering around in the kitchen, helping with whatever I'm cooking or canning.


This week I picked up a bushel & a half of Ginger Gold apples.
I juiced up a bunch of apples, let the juice simmer for a few minutes, put it in jars & cold packed it for 15 min...It's delicious!
I found a recipe for Apple Cider & want to try that too!

Next on the to-do list is Apple Pie Filling. One of the handiest things to have in my pantry over the winter months. I can have apple pie, tarts, or crisp ready in no time.

Many of our winter,"Sunday Suppers" consist of popcorn & homemade apple or grape juice.
And Apple crisp with ice-cream.


My canning season is coming to an end, the yard & garden work has slowed down, & it's that time of year where I start lighting the coffee scented candles, snuggle in with a good book & enjoy the cooler evenings with a cup of hazelnut coffee :)
I look forward to this time of the year, all year long...



No comments:

Post a Comment