Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Turkey Pot Pie

I'm just barely getting the recipe posted Tuesday evening. With the kiddos not having had school since last week Thursday, my days have been considerably more busy. 
Tonight we had Turkey Pot Pie for supper & surprisingly enough the kids gobbled it up without a fuss(they don't like mixed together food) Maybe it was just the promise of homemade ice cream if they clear their plates first :)


Turkey Pot Pie

2T. organic butter
2 medium carrots, diced
1 small onion, diced
1 1/2c. peas
2-3 medium potatoes, diced
2-3T. sprouted flour
1 quart turkey with broth
2 1/2-3c. broth-I used chicken broth
sea salt & pepper to taste

Crust;
1c. Pamela's baking & pancake mix
1/4c. organic butter, melted
1 egg
2/3c heavy cream

-In a medium size dutch oven, saute' carrots, potatoes & onions in butter. Add sprouted flour. stir till all flour has been incorporated. add the broth slowly, stirring constantly till desired thickness is reached. Add turkey & peas.
For the crust mix all ingredients till smooth & drizzle over the top of the filling. Place in the oven uncovered at 350' till the crust becomes a nice golden color or a toothpick inserted, comes out clean.


I had a little helper making supper tonight. His favorite thing is to have his step stool right beside mamma, in the kitchen, helping with whatever I'm baking or cooking for that day. 

I love how his little tongue sticks out in concentration :)




This is what the Pamela's baking mix looks like. If you're local you can pick it up at New Horizon Naturals in Millersburg. 
This is my go-to mix that I use in place of Bisquick.
I should have taken the time to make a pie crust to top it with but to be honest, I used to always buy the Pillsbury, ready made refrigerated pie crusts & they turned out perfect every time but since we've gone mostly gluten free or sprouted, that is no longer an option & homemade pie crusts scare me just a little.
If you have a tried & true(every time) pie crust that you'd like to share with me, using sprouted flours or gluten free, I would be much obliged :) 

Have a blessed Tuesday-whats left of it :)!








No comments:

Post a Comment