Tuesday, January 14, 2014

GF Granola Bars & Chipotle Chili Chicken Wraps

I really shouldn't commit myself to a certain day of the week when it comes to posting the wholesome foods recipe series...I've missed the last 2 weeks so I'm going to try & catch up by sharing 2 new recipes today.

The first one I'm sharing is a favorite of ours but I can't take credit for the recipe though. My friend Grace shared it with me & it's become a go-to recipe for me. Our kids are snackers & I've learned if there isn't junk food in the house, they will reach for the good & healthy stuff :)


GF Granola Bars

Melt on low heat...
1/2c organic almond or peanut butter
1/3c raw local honey
1/4c coconut oil 
Remove from heat & add...
2 1/2c GF whole oats
1/2c unsweetened coconut
1c dried fruit, nuts or dark chocolate chips

-These need to be refrigerated or they become soft. I chill them, then cut them into 1inch strips, wrap them in plastic wrap & put them in a basket in the refrigerator.
-I often double the recipe & spread the mixture into 2 brownie pans.
-If you're using almond butter, it pairs well with  dried fruit. If you're using peanut butter, the dark chocolate chips taste great.





Chipotle Chili Chicken Wraps
2lb. pastured chicken breast strips
chipotle chili seasoning
sea salt to taste
1/4lb farmers cheese, shredded
1/4lb mild cheddar, shredded
1 head of organic romaine lettuce, cleaned & ripped into large pcs.
organic sour cream
2pkgs of 6, Spelt wraps

-place the wraps in foil & place in the oven on a low temp, just to heat them through while cooking the chicken.
-season both sides of chicken with chipotle chili seasoning & cook in a frying pan with a little bit of extra virgin olive oil or organic butter till cooked through.
-load up your wraps & enjoy!

-I purchased the spelt wraps & chipotle chili seasoning at Whole Foods.


I made the Chipotle Chili Chicken Wraps last night for dinner & they were approved by all & that is a major accomplishment for my family of 7.

I hope you enjoy & have a blessed day!



No comments:

Post a Comment