Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day of Rest...

    Sundays are probably my favorite day of the week.I have the privilege to go to church,worship in song & scripture & connect with friends.Then i get to come home,throw on some sweats & a comfy t-shirt & spend the rest of my day with the people I love the most in this world!
     I had nothing planned for lunch till we were about 5 minutes from home,I decided lunch would be biscuits & gravy,quick,easy & delicious.
    Then it was nap time for the kiddos & much needed catching up time for me & A!

    It's just not Sunday unless we have popcorn,so out comes our trusty popcorn maker,two popcorn poppers full? I ask,& was answered with a resounding YES!
I love the fact that there's no laundry to do on this day of rest,no house to clean,lunches to pack,trash to burn etc.It's just me & my family,getting to spend the day together,doing whatever we please!...& today it was games...checkers & connect four,two of our favorites right now.
    Andy had just made a 3-jump move on Aalyvia,note the look of glee on his face.
Had to laugh though,none of us could get a win @ checkers except Andy,but when 4yr. old Weston played connect four w/ daddy,Weston won the 1st go-around & was hardly trying,in fact Weston didn't even know it till we pointed it out:)






    I had a quick notion tonight to make something special for my family for breakfast in the morning so I quickly put together a batch of pumpkin cinnamon rolls w/ brown butter icing...
    There will be some smiling faces when they wake up & see these.A great way to start out a Monday morning!

     wishing you all a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment