Thursday, April 12, 2012

The MOM post,for lack of a better title....

    This is NOT my normal,family,home decor,sewing post....This is one of those random posts that I will probably ramble & not make a whole lot of sense,but it's a subject that has been on my mind ALOT lately & I felt like I was supposed to put my thoughts into words. I'm actually having a physical reaction to posting this & it will very likely get some negative feedback but that's ok.
     I've been hearing a lot of young moms talking lately how they feel like they have lost a little bit of themselves after becoming a mamma or feel like their lives have no purpose beyond taking care of their families. They want to go to college. Further their careers. Do something USEFUL with their lives. They are bored with the mundane day to day tasks of keeping a home & mothering their children.
     My thoughts on this......
If we are one of those lucky enough to be called mamma then God has given us a PURPOSE. 
    Since the beginning of this year I have really come to realize how BLESSED I am to be able to be a mamma & that not even one day should be taken for granted. When I woke up one morning & went about my routine of the day & out of the blue my oldest comes walking into the kitchen with his head arched completely backwards with guttural sounds coming from his throat,saliva-like fluid coming from his mouth, unable to speak or let me know what was wrong with him....THAT was a life-changing moment for me! Trying to call 9-1-1 with hands that were shaking so bad that I kept dropping the phone, I finally managed to give the information they needed & they were on their way...while waiting,all I could do was hold my son for what I was sure to be the last few moments of his life,sobbing as I held him,telling him over & over how much I loved him...this my friends was a turning point for me as a mom. Had I taught him the important things? Did he know how much he was loved? Did I spend enough time with him?.... The paramedics came & by then he was ok again.
    I need to repeat this...If you are a mamma,YOU HAVE A PURPOSE! God has given you a precious life to nurture & form & mold into His image. That IS your job. That IS what you are called to do.
    I honestly believe now that God allowed this to happen, to open my eyes. To show me how important each day is. To enjoy the little things & not take them for granted. To hug my children a little tighter,tell them I love them more often.Read that same book I've read 5 times already today because its their favorite...the little things...that add up to a whole LOT of  EVERYTHING!
Ruth

3 comments:

  1. So true!Thanks for the reminder.Naomi

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brought tears to my eyes...so true! I also know the feeling of what you went through with your son. My oldest also woke up one morning and somehow fell out of his bed and became unresponsive, he moaned, rolled his eyes and had saliva coming out of his mouth. I still can hardly talk about it without crying because I so vividly remember everything that flashed through my mind, the same questions you had, did I show him enough love, did I teach him everything he should know. I thought too that we would lose him. He was taken to the hospital with the ambulance. (a ride I'll never forget)They called it an internal head injury, which they thought triggered a seizure. He was ok then after a while but something like that does remind us to not take our dear little ones for granted. Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete