My blogging is sporadic at best, but sometimes the mood just isn't there.
I spent the day in my kitchen again today, & when I come across a delicious recipe, I always like to share. Today I tried a Banana Chocolate chip cupcake recipe & it was phenomenal!
I'm pretty sure you can't eat just one .
I tweaked the original recipe to my liking & doubled it cause our kiddos have healthy appetites & one batch would last about 2 days!
I rarely have over-ripe bananas to use for baking, cause the children gobble them up so quick, but last night we were blessed with about 10 bunches of over-ripe bananas! I used some for baking today & peeled the rest & stored them in freezer bags in the freezer for later.
Banana Chocolate Chip cupcakes
- 4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sour milk
- 4 over-ripe bananas or 2 cup mashed
- 4 cup unbleached all purpose white flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pkg dark chocolate, mini chocolate chips
Cream coconut sugar, butter & bananas. Add eggs & sour milk(set aside).
In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, baking powder & chocolate chips.
Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture.
Fill cupcake papers 2/3-3/4 full.
Bake at 350' till done.
Yields: 45 cupcakes
* For the sour milk, add 1 TBS vinegar to the milk & give it a stir. In about a minute, you have sour milk.
* The original recipe called for maple icing, but these cupcakes are super sweet & no additional icing is needed.