This recipe has 5 ingredients. That's it. My kind of recipe & it's delicious & versatile.
It's mild enough to use as a pasta sauce & just enough zip to be good as a pizza or marinara sauce...
Easy Peasy Pizza/Pasta Sauce
- 11.5 quarts tomato juice
- 1 gallon of your favorite pre-made pasta sauce
- 10-6oz cans of tomato paste
- 5 pkgs Mrs. Wages Pizza sauce mix
- 1 1/4 c. organic cane sugar
First I cook, then juice my tomatoes through a Victorio strainer. In a 20 qt. stock pot I measure out my 11.5 quarts of tomato juice. Add the one gallon pre-made gallon of pasta sauce, tomato paste & cane sugar. Lastly, add the 5 pkgs Mrs. Wages pizza sauce mix -slowly, whisking as you pour it in. Let it come to a slow boil & let simmer for 45 minutes, stirring frequently. Pour into jars & cold pack for 45 minutes. This makes approximately 19 quart sauce.
- When using a canner, pour 1 cup white vinegar into the water bath-your jars will come out shiny & clean.
- When using a large stock pot for cooking down sauces & soups, a long handled, metal spatula works much better at scraping the bottom of the pot than a spoon will. Theres much less chance of it burning when it cooks down if the bottom gets scraped clean when stirring.
- I use quarts & pints when canning this recipe. The quart jars work great to use for pasta recipes & the pint jars are a perfect amount to cover 2 large pizza crusts.