Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Power of Prayer 2

If  anyone is ashamed of me and my words, the Son of Man will be ashamed of him when he comes in his glory and in the glory of the Father and of the holy angels. Luke 9:26
 
I was challenged today to share something D & experienced, last week when he was sick. I was not going to share this story for fear of how it may be perceived, then I read this verse & felt like I needed to share...
 
D had been sick late afternoon, last week Tuesday. Just laying around all afternoon, running a fever & before bed was sick to his stomach.
We tucked him in, along with the other children & went to bed ourselves.
I often heard him whimpering in his sleep  & finally heard him come downstairs to sleep on the couch so he was closer to us.
About 3:00 in the early morning I heard him crying scared out of his wits. I came running to see what was the matter & he had had a very bad dream & was just staring at a certain spot in our living room as he explained to me what he had seen.
I didn't know what else to do & I felt a very strong urge to pray over him. I laid my hands on the top of his head, looked in the same direction as he was staring & prayed, "in the name of Jesus, leave our home-get out!...then prayed that the fear that this dream had brought upon  him would also leave him so he could sleep soundly & peacefully.
Almost immediately, I felt his body relax & within mere moments he was sleeping soundly.
We have had so many God moments with D lately &I can't help but believe that God has something very special in store for him. I can't wait to see how God will use him for His glory.
Through these hard & sometimes scary moments, we have been able to share the love of Christ with him & that makes the hard times worth it in the end.

2 comments:

  1. God's power is awesome and no evil can stand when His presence is there.

    ReplyDelete