Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mommy reality & other random things...

Happy...(well maybe) Tuesday, friends...
My reality will likely not be your "mommy reality" but this is how my day began...
Everyone wakes up happy & hungry. Four bowls of cereal are poured with some milk & a bottle is fixed & baby is fed, then it's my turn. While enjoying my big bowl of Fruit loops, 9yr old comes up behind me, making me aware that he is having a mild seizure as he points to his face where his mouth is twitching & his head is making small jerking movements. A mom never gets used to this, so I hold him tightly & pray for it to pass quickly cause there really is nothing I can do in the moment.
Once the seizure passes, It usually zaps him of all his strength & he needs to rest a little while.
 
 Breakfast dishes have been stacked in the dishwasher & I sit to snuggle little man, 7yr old gets up & informs me she has a belly ache & didn't quite make it  to the bathroom before she was sick on the kitchen floor. Now Husband is usually home when these things happen & it's a good thing cause I do NOT have the stomach for it. But today I needed to pull it together & 'get er done'!
At this point the boys have begun a wresting match so I tell them if they have that much energy, they can come outside & help me pick weeds...then it's back inside to make lunch & bake some molasses crème cookies.
the crème part needs to wait till kiddos are napping or it would make it to there bellies & not sandwiched between cookies :)
 
Then 9yr old comes to me again & he also has an upset stomach :(
so I start putting all the pcs to this puzzle together...last night the 2 oldest were chowing on sunflower seeds, purchased at little bro.s baseball game, only they were eating shell & all. (wondering if this is what is making them sick?) but as I type this they are both acting pretty normal so I don't know...
 
And for the random.........
I hung up this crafting twine along the hallway between the children's bedrooms for all the art work they have been creating this summer already, I kinda love it!
 
Tonight is mamma's night out-get my hair done-connect with friends-coffee house-refill my "mom cup" night! I can hardly wait!
A now it is BLESSED nap time so I leave you with a song....
 
...And we dance the funk of the day away!
It IS a happy Tuesday despite all that has happened, I can choose to be happy & make the most of it or wallow in self pity...I hate self pity-not gonna happen!
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment