Monday, March 5, 2012

Homemade laundry soaps & Beauty products

    Since I've pinned these recipes to my boards on Pinterest I have had so many people asking me to get copies for them,mostly my FB friends. So here they are...

 Liquid laundry detergent
1bar fels naptha bar, grated
8c.water
-in a saucepan dissolve the fels naptha in the water
-add
1c.borax
1c.washing soda
-divide mixture evenly into 2-gallon jugs then add water to the top. Soap will thicken & get slightly lumpy as it cools. Shake before each use.
-I use 1/2c.per load of laundry


Powder laundry detergent
2c.finely grated Fels Naptha soap
1c.borax
1c.baking soda
1c.washing soda
-mix well
-I use 1/8c.per load of laundry/2TBS.....I prefer the powder over the liquid simply because it doesn't take up as much room in my small laundry room,they both work great.


Homemade shout
2/3c.dawn liquid dish soap
2/3c.ammonia
6TBS.washing soda
2c.warm water
-pour into spray bottle, shake well before each use......I used to use spray n wash,this works just as well if not better!

Fabric Softener
6c.warm water
3c.white vinegar
2c.sauve hair conditioner
-I use 1/2c. per load of laundry.....I like to add a few drops of essential oil to give it a stronger scent.

Olive oil facial cleanser
2tsp.baby wash
2Tbs.water
2Tbs.glycerin
1/2c.olive oil

Body wash
2c.finely grated soap
2quarts water
2Tbs.glycerin
Essential oil
-will thicken as it cools,once its cooled whisk well before putting it into bottles(we all love this body wash)

 Body Butter
1c.water
3/4c.baby oil
3Tbs.beeswax,grated finely
Essential oil
-put water in blender. Melt beeswax in oil in a double boiler. Add essential oils. Pour slowly into blender while blending.(you may need to stir by hand alittle then blend again to get all the water incorporated).this stuff is amazing! your skin feels like silk when you use it.


Lip gloss
Melt 1c.petroleum jelly in the microwave, stir in 1 packet of koolaid.pour into small containers. Will thicken as it cools.


By making these products myself I've saved our family an average of 40.-50.00 a month! Enjoy!
                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment